Heart of Georgian Bay is a Destination Marketing Organization for the municipalities of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay, and Tiny in the northern part of Simcoe County. Our mission is to attract new visitors to the area, entice them to stay longer and encourage them to return again with friends.
The Tourism Marketing Assistant will be a qualified post-secondary student who will assist in the promotion of tourism attractions and activities within the Heart of Georgian Bay. The student will be required to act as an ambassador for the region; maintain social media channels and website content, create monthly e-newsletters, and assist with office work and other marketing projects/programs.
Who Can Apply?
- Be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary by the job start date
- Have the intention to continue his/her education in the Fall of 2021
- Distribute and track the distribution of visitor guides and maps
- Update Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter daily and monitor engagements
- Maintain the organization’s website:
- Maintain existing business listings and add new tourism businesses
- Write and/or publish event listings
- Write and publish a weekly blog
- Upload new photos to the Photo Gallery
- Write and publish monthly e-newsletters using Constant Contact
- Assist Manager of Tourism in planning and implementing marketing projects
- Attend meetings, conferences and/or events on behalf of North Simcoe Tourism
- Assist with office duties, as assigned, using Microsoft Office and internet applications
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of tourism products and services within North Simcoe
- Knowledge of marketing and communications practices
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program for travel and tourism or marketing preferred
- Superb written and interpersonal skills, and professional personality
- Strong computer skills or willingness to learn new software, including website editing, Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of survey delivery and analysis using Survey Monkey
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic nature
- Valid Driver’s License and access to transportation is essential
- Bilingual in both French/English is an asset
The student will be expected to work in a combination of in-office and from-home environments, as well as within various locations in the community as required. The student will be expected to adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources – EDCNS/Heart of Georgian Bay via email at: email@example.com no later than 4pm EST on Thursday, May 27th, 2021.
Reports to: Manager of Tourism
Status: Hourly – Seasonal
Wage: $16.25 per hour for 20.00 hours per week
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program known as Canada Summer Jobs, administered by Service Canada.
To be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must be a student, must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation, be able to provide proof of student enrollment to the employer, and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years of age for persons with a disability, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time. The student must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act for the duration of the employment and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN), and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations. Please note that international students are not eligible participants.