Discovery Harbour Skate Trail
Whether you are a pro or just learning, lace up those skates and head to Discovery Harbour, to experience this historic site in a completely different way! This 1.5km skate trail is a great way to #getoutdoors with your family or friends. Live entertainment, bonfires, and more along the way!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 1km loop that circles around this historic site.
- A free wagon shuttle will pick visitors up and take them down to Garrison Hall and the Skate Blade Café warming centre hot chocolate, refreshments and snacks are available for purchase.
- A snowshoe trail will run throughout the historic site. Bring you own snowshoes or there are some available to borrow.
- “Ice & Fire” nights: Fireworks every Friday at 7:30 pm.
- Skates, helmets and snowshoes are free of charge.
- Out-of-doors, there will be a Crokicurl rink for visitors to try their hand at this outdoor curling style game.
- Roast bannock on the outdoor fires (weekends only)!
- Small kids snow tube run for the littles.
Discovery Harbour will also be hosting the “kick-off” for the Town of Penetanguishene’s Winterama event on Friday February 14th with a large fireworks display along with live-out-door music by local area band, ice-carvings, the Fire-Guy will be there juggling fire and movie look-alike characters will be roaming the historic site. The Skate Trail is open the entire weekend including Monday February 17th (Family Day 12 noon until 4pm).
Up-to-date, current info about Skate Trail status can be found on the Discovery Harbour Facebook and Twitter pages.
Opens Friday, January 31!
Fridays 6PM – 9PM
Saturday 12PM – 9PM
Sundays 12PM – 4PM
General Admission $8.00 per person
Children 5 and under are FREE.
Note: You will be required to sign a waiver before heading out to experience the frosty fun.
Skates, snowshoes, fat bikes and helmets are available to rent, but you are recommended to bring your own equipment if you have it.
Follow Discovery Harbour on Twitter and/or Facebook for the latest on trail conditions